Getting Trusted Addiction Treatment Care with Aetna
Even when you have a nationally respected insurance company in your corner, finding the right Aetna drug rehab coverage to help you or a loved one can be a lot of work.
Questions about credibility and effectiveness surround addiction treatment centers, even in Southern California where they seem to be everywhere. But there is only one South Shores Detox and Recovery, and only one facility that embraces each and every client like family.
South Shores understands the importance of providing personalized, top-quality care to our clients. We accept Aetna Health Insurance as in-network providers to ensure your access to our life-changing services. Keep reading to get the details and find help now!
Why Aetna Health Insurance Covers Drug and Alcohol Rehab
Aetna recognizes that addiction is a complex disease. As one of the nation’s top insurance providers, they know quality drug and alcohol rehab is essential for successful recovery. Aetna offers coverage for various levels of care.
Our clients receive the support they need throughout their treatment, thanks to their Aetna rehab coverage.
The Affordable Care Act and Alcohol and Drug Rehab
Under the Affordable Care Act or ACA, addiction treatment is an essential health benefit. Thus, all individual and small group plans must cover substance use disorder treatment services, including Aetna.
So now you might wonder this:
What are the critical aspects of the ACA that impact substance abuse treatment? They must offer the following:
- Parity Protections: The ACA extends the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) to health insurance providers of all sizes. That extends to individual and small-group health plans. That means Aetna and other insurers must cover mental health treatment and substance abuse disorder treatment services. They must treat them the same as medical and surgical services. Insurers can no longer limit coverage solely to primary care physician visits while restricting treatment programs. Finally, it ensures clients receive adequate rehab coverage for their addiction treatment needs.
- No Lifetime or Annual Limits: The ACA prohibits health insurance plans from imposing lifetime or annual dollar limits on essential health insurance coverage. That includes addiction treatment. It also means clients can access the care they need without worrying about reaching a coverage cap.
- Pre-existing Condition Coverage: Under the ACA, health insurance plans cannot deny coverage or charge higher premiums for individuals with pre-existing conditions. Those conditions include substance abuse, which ensures clients can access the addiction treatment they need without discrimination.
- Expanded Medicaid Coverage: The ACA allows states to expand their Medicaid programs. That has led to increased access to addiction treatment services for low-income individuals. Aetna and other insurers that offer Medicaid managed care plans must cover substance use disorder treatment for eligible beneficiaries.
Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, Aetna Health Insurance can provide comprehensive coverage for drug and alcohol rehab. The coverage helps clients receive the support they need. The goal? A successful recovery journey for all who struggle.
You Can Be Free of Drug and Alcohol Addiction
Recovery from addiction is possible with proper support and guidance. Our facility offers comprehensive rehab treatment programs tailored to each client’s needs, empowering every person to become free from addiction. From individual therapy to help you form new, healthier behaviors, we have your back!
We want everyone to restore their lives and enjoy happiness.
What are the Signs Someone Needs Drug or Alcohol Rehab?
Recognizing the need for rehab is the first step toward recovery. Keep an eye out for these physical and behavioral red flags in yourself or a loved one struggling with active addiction:
Physical signs of substance abuse
- Sudden weight loss or gain
- Poor hygiene
- Insomnia or excessive sleeping
- Bloodshot eyes or dilated pupils
- Unexplained injuries or bruises
- Frequent nosebleeds (common with snorted drugs)
- Track marks or scabs (typical with injected drugs)
- Tremors or shaking
- Slurred speech
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice)
Behavioral signs of alcohol or drug abuse
- Mood swings
- Withdrawal from social activities
- Neglecting responsibilities
- Secretive behavior or lying about substance use
- Sudden changes in friendships or social circles
- Financial problems related to substance use
- A decline in work or school performance
- Increased risk-taking behaviors while under the influence
- Developing a tolerance, needing more of the substance to achieve the same effect
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when trying to quit or cut back usage
- Failed attempts to stop or control substance use
- Spending significant time obtaining, using, or recovering from the effects of the substance
- Giving up once-enjoyed activities or hobbies in favor of substance use
- Continuing to use the substance despite harmful consequences to health, relationships, or life
You may see these signs in many combinations. Generally, the more red flags you see, the more severe the substance abuse. If you have Aetna Insurance, your rehab coverage is available right now.
Coordinating Your Aetna Insurance Policies
Aetna offers a range of insurance policies to support your well-being. From preventative care services to cover the costs of rehab centers, your Aetna policy coverage is second to none.
Maximize your benefits by coordinating your coverage with any other Aetna insurance plan you have. These can include the following:
Substance abuse can harm your eyesight. Prolonged drug and alcohol use may lead to vision problems. You might see these symptoms:
- Dry eyes
- Retinal damage
It’s essential to focus on your eye health during your recovery journey. By utilizing your Aetna vision insurance, you can ensure your eyes receive the care they need. Regular eye exams, proper eyewear, and early intervention for eye issues can help maintain your vision. It can also prevent further damage.
Addiction can take a severe toll on your oral health. Common issues related to drug and alcohol abuse include the following:
- Tooth decay
- Gum disease
- Tooth loss
- Dry mouth
- Acid erosion
Maintaining a healthy smile is an integral part of your well-being. Aetna dental insurance can help you access essential dental care during your recovery. Regular dental check-ups, cleanings, and necessary dental procedures.
Your Aetna insurance policy can help restore your smile and prevent further complications. If this is a concern, from meth use or otherwise, South Shores is able to help provide transportation and assist as you coordinate dental care during your stay with us.
Leverage Benefits with Your Health Savings Account
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is a tax-advantaged account. It helps individuals with high-deductible health plans save money for medical expenses uncovered by regular health insurance. Using your HSA directly supports your addiction treatment.
Here are four ways you can spend the funds and reduce your concerns about treatment costs:
1. Covering Out-of-Pocket Expenses
Aetna Insurance may cover most of your substance abuse treatment. But you might still have some out-of-pocket costs. For example, you can use your HSA funds to pay for the following:
- Co-insurance related to related rehab services. The HSA makes your treatment more affordable.
2. Expanding Your Treatment Options
Your insurance plan may not cover some substance abuse treatments. An HSA opens access to extra therapies or uncovered or limited services. These include alternative treatments, holistic therapies, or extended care.
3. Supporting Your Recovery Beyond Treatment
Recovery is a lifelong journey, and maintaining your well-being goes beyond your time in rehab. You can use your HSA to fund ongoing expenses related to your recovery. These include outpatient therapy, support groups, or medication management.
4. Investing in Your Physical and Mental Health
You may use HSA money for qualified medical expenses contributing to your healing. These may include expenses related to mental health care services, fitness programs, or wellness services. Each can help support your recovery.
Combining your HSA and Aetna rehab coverage can help ease financial stress. It can also enable you to access more resources and services following substance abuse treatments. By leveraging your HSA, you can invest in your health and well-being. The funds will go far toward a successful and lasting recovery.
Aetna Drug Rehab Coverages for Inpatient and Outpatient Rehab
Aetna offers coverage for various treatment options, ensuring that clients receive the appropriate level of care:
Aetna Insurance Covers Inpatient Treatment Centers
Experience 24/7 support in a structured, nurturing environment. Inpatient treatment centers provide clients with a safe space to focus on their recovery. You work on recovery free of triggers and distractions.
Aetna covers the cost of housing, meals, therapy, and medical care during your stay. Insurance providers make it easier to access comprehensive treatment.
Aetna Covers Partial Hospitalization Programs
Receive intensive care without staying overnight in a facility. Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP) allow clients to receive structured treatment during the day. Then they return home or to a sober living environment at night.
Aetna Insurance coverage for PHPs enables clients to maintain their daily routines and responsibilities while receiving the high-quality care they need.
As you research treatment facilities, it’s worth knowing that another name for PHP is outpatient rehab.
Medication Assisted Treatment Centers
Benefit from medications that can help ease withdrawal symptoms and cravings. Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) combines medication and behavioral therapy. It provides clients with a comprehensive approach to addiction recovery.
Aetna drug rehab coverage offers a range of MAT options. With generic drugs covered at very affordable prices, clients can overcome physical dependence and work toward lasting sobriety.
What Substance Use Disorders Does Aetna Cover?
Aetna provides comprehensive coverage for treating many substance abuse disorders. Some of the most common substance use disorders covered by Aetna include:
- Prescription medications
South Shores: An In Network Aetna Rehab Provider
We work with Aetna Insurance to provide our clients with the best care possible. Our team will help you navigate your insurance benefits. Our caring treatment facility is here to ensure your recovery journey is as smooth and stress-free as possible. We have a team of professionals dedicated to helping you start your journey.
How do you get started?
Reach out and speak to us today. All we need is your insurance carrier information. So grab your Aetna health insurance plan card and have it ready. We will take it from there. Our coordinators will contact Aetna, substance abuse treatment is just a call away.
What if you have another insurance carrier besides Aetna coverage? Our treatment program and rehab facilities frequently provide care to clients with both in and out-of-network providers. We work with all the Better Health networks. You will give us your insurance company information, and we can provide coverage details, typically within minutes!
Ready to Seek Treatment? We Are Standing by to Help
Do not hesitate to reach out if you or your loved one struggles with addiction. The compassionate team at our rehab center is ready to assist. We’ll help you take the first steps toward recovery.
We support patients during inpatient or outpatient services–our goal is your wellness. Remember, you’re never alone in this journey. Pick up the phone and call us today at 833.213.3869 for a confidential call, and get options now!