Substance Abuse Help in Southern California
If you’re in the Laguna Niguel area or plan on traveling here for treatment, South Shores Detox and Recovery is the ideal location for attending addiction treatment. Not only do we provide top-notch care, but also exist in a beautiful geographic location that’s highly conducive to recovery and positive mental health.
Our options consist of multiple forms of therapy for drug and alcohol addiction, along with the most available care levels for substance abuse and mental health disorders. If you or someone you love has an issue with substance abuse, you might want to read this article in its entirety.
In the sections below, you’ll find vital information regarding the specifics of our drug rehab Laguna Niguel services, what to expect from our treatment programs, and how we combat help our clients overcome a substance use disorder, no matter how severe.
The Ongoing Battle: Drug and Alcohol Addiction in Laguna Niguel
Currently, the opioid and methamphetamine epidemic has reached monumental heights, stretching to corners of the United States that people never expected. Even areas like Laguna Niguel, CA, known for its affluence and seemingly non-existent crime and drug issues, are dealing with their own challenges regarding mental health and drug and alcohol addiction.
These challenges with drug and alcohol addiction have led to an unprecedented need for treatment programs all over California and the US. South Shores Detox and Recovery is less than 15 minutes away from Laguna Niguel, CA, and provides access to mental health treatment and drug abuse rehab for those all over the Orange County area.
The first step in attending the right addiction treatment facility is realizing you need drug or alcohol rehab. This means being honest with yourself regarding your habits, withdrawal symptoms, and other elements of substance misuse. In the following section, we highlight what to look for when there’s a potential for addiction challenges.
Identifying The Need for Addiction Treatment
How do you know when it’s time to consider treatment programs? South Shores Detox and Recovery offer several different treatment services, including an intensive outpatient program, inpatient, PHP, and other forms of rehab for those struggling with substance misuse.
The following indicators are warning signs that addiction treatment is needed in the immediate future.
Withdrawn from Friends and Family
Many people struggling with substance abuse may withdraw from friends and family – even if it’s unknowingly. In many cases, the habit takes precedence over other dynamics in life, and those struggling begin to neglect their loved ones, seemingly unaware of their actions.
When this is brought to their attention, many times they may become defensive or feel as if they’re being attacked. It’s important to remain compassionate when speaking with someone about addiction treatment.
One of the major indicators of substance abuse is when someone struggles financially. Drug and alcohol addiction is an expensive ordeal to contend with – often leaving the user financially strapped, and worse, facing eviction while bills continue to pile up.
This could also present itself in more subtle ways. Maybe the user has a favorite hobby or some release that requires cash and they stop participating because their additional funds are going towards maintaining a habit.
It’s important to be aware of even the most subtle changes in habits and routines when trying to identify the presence of addiction. Self-awareness is also important, as these things easily escape you during the haze of substance abuse.
Lack of Self-Care
Many people who abuse drugs and alcohol begin to neglect themselves physically and mentally. They may gain or lose a significant amount of weight, neglect simple tasks like brushing their hair or teeth, or skip showers altogether.
It’s common for many users to consistently wear the same articles of clothing and display a disheveled look. This comes from neglecting simple chores like laundry and other tasks due to the constant financial and physical chase for drugs.
At many treatment centers, there are clients forced to enter rehab because of legal issues. Many times, this is a blessing in disguise, as they may not have attended otherwise.
This happens time and again, and in some cases, the user emerges successful on the other end, arriving at new moments of clarity after being forced into a treatment center.
It’s important to remember that change only comes from the inside, and you can’t force anyone to get sober. No matter how hard you try, this is an internal issue that must be solved on a personal level.
Addiction Treatment and the Need to Reach Out
If you know you require a stay at a treatment center but are unsure how to cope with your situation, it may be difficult for you to take the next step. There are multiple things you can do to help your cause to drive you toward the changes you need.
- Reach out to a loved one, or even a coworker regarding your problem. Substance abuse is difficult to face alone and it’s important to have a support structure, even after you get out of rehab.
- If you have a solid primary care physician you trust and respect, talk to them about attending a treatment center. They can advise you on the medical necessity, and likely help provide needed motivation to help your decision making.
- Sometimes you just have to put everything out there and contact the treatment center. It can be a difficult leap to make, but it’s well worth it. At South Shores Detox and Recovery, we have Admissions standing by to help explain the rehab process and ease any concerns or fears you might have about attending.
What Can I Expect During the Rehab Process?
During the rehab process, you can expect a routine process that consists of several steps to make your experience as positive as possible. The following list outlines the most common path taken to recovery during our treatment program.
- The admissions process is generally the first step in our program. Here, you’ll visit a physician and a counselor and receive a physical and an assessment regarding your treatment history. This is the most crucial point in the recovery process, as we’ll map out your personalized treatment plan and decide how to best move forward with your recovery.
- If detox is required, this is generally the second step in the process. During medically assisted detox you’ll receive around-the-clock care as well as medication to help keep you comfortable while your body eliminates all traces of your drug of choice. You’ll get over the withdrawal process and prepare yourself for the next stage of treatment. Access to doctors and nurses is important during this time, and maintaining proper nutrition and hydration is of the utmost importance.
- After detox, you’ll begin the meat of the treatment process. Here you’ll interact with counselors, and psychiatrists, and attend group meetings. You’ll likely have some form of behavioral therapy, dual diagnosis, holistic treatment, or a combination of each during your stay. In some cases, you’ll enter outpatient rehab after this step – or begin outpatient immediately after detox. However, we strongly recommend a stay during intake to ensure you avoid the pitfalls of relapse after detoxification.
- Aftercare is another crucial part of recovery. We’ll send you home with all the tools you need to successfully navigate recovery at home. This includes strategies and resources to help you find meetings and other helpful programs to keep you on the right path.
Effective Treatment for Laguna Niguel and Orange County
If you’re in the Laguna Niguel area or anywhere in the surrounding Orange County or believe a stay in rehab among the beautiful landscape would benefit you, we strongly encourage that you contact a member of our Admissions team.
Our dedicated staff will help you navigate the insurance process and get you on the right path to recovery today. All calls are confidential, so you can reach out without obligation and get options quickly and easily!